Guardianship of Minors

Legal Counsel for Those Seeking Guardianships in North Shore Boston

When a parent becomes unable to provide stable care and support for a minor child, he or she may lose parental rights through actions taken by local governmental agencies. Such cases may come about through a parent’s substance or alcohol abuse, in cases of domestic violence or child abuse, mental instability, or where other parental criminal activity has occurred. The children involved in such cases may be relegated to foster care or a temporary or permanent legal guardianship may be sought on their behalf by others.

If you are the noncustodial parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or other family member or friend of such a child, you can get knowledgeable legal advice about your alternatives and options from a Danvers guardianship of minors. Attorney Greenberg and our legal team can help you find the best solutions in cases where a parent has become incapable of taking proper responsibility for his or her child.